Busia Trust Secondary School started as a private school in February 1997 with a student population of seven student spread in three classes of senior 1- 3. The population started growing and had reached 1000 students by 2007 when the government of Uganda introduced universal secondary education (USE).
The introduction of universal secondary education resulted into fundamental reduction of the students population as the vast majority of students preferred studying from free Secondary schools under USE. However, with consistent provision of quality education to students relative to other schools, this trend was reversed; the student population had grown to about 1200 students. Of these about 40% are girls and 60% boys.
The teacher’s population has also grown from the initial 9 teachers to current population of 35. This translates into an impressive teacher student’s ratio of 1:34. Currently, the school is the leading performing school in the district and among the top most performing schools in Bukedi Sub region.
Busia Trust School’s mission is to educate students in a God-centered, college preparatory environment with an emphasis on teachings and traditions.
Through teaching and example, members strive to guide their students to a personal acceptance of faith and to a respect for the life-long educational process.
Central God fearing is committed to the cultivation of individual potential and to the graduation of sincere, educated and articulate God fearing citizens.
Our main vision is to be the no 1 provider of quality education in Eastern Uganda.
Busia Trust is committed to a nurturing approach to education and faith formation. Trust faithfully embraces this approach for students and staff alike.
- We provide a holistic approach to education characterized by religious values.
We focus on academic excellence, mutual respect, self discipline, faith
- challenges, and community service to achieve personal goals now and for the future.
- We encourage leadership and active learning, and encourage critical thinking and technological skills to realize our full potential.
- We hold students to the high standards of intellectual and moral development.
- We focus on external factors that enable improvements to the school and new building projects.